Page Six on the New York Post website did and article called “Here’s how much stars have donated toward Harvey relief efforts.’
Their list includes:
- J.J. Watt of the Houston Texans who raised $15.4 million through an online fund-raiser.
- Ellen Degeneres – $1 million (to Watt’s charity).
- Drake – $200,000 (to Watt’s charity).
- N.Y. Giants – $1 million.
- Sandra Bullock – $1 million.
- Leonardo DiCaprio – $1 million.
- Miley Cyrus – $500,000.
- Tyler Perry – $1 million.
- The Kardashians $500,000.
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez – $50,000.
- Miranda Lambert – saved 100 plus dogs.
- They also go on to say that sixty-three companies have pledged $1 million or more.
Every generous, although, one person was curiously missing from the list; President Trump.
Donald Trump and his wife donated $1 million to the cause but the New York Post seems to have overlooked him. Strange, since Donald Trump is not only a celebrity, but the President of the United States. You would think his donation would have been covered.
At least the Associated Press made mention of it during their reporting on Hurricane Harvey. Of course at the end of the article they had to include:
“Trump has been criticized in the past for giving far less of his income to charitable causes than many other multi-billionaires.”
I’d like to see an article showing how much the press and the various media organization have donated. I’m guessing I’ll be waiting a long time for that.